Thursday, October 9, 2008

el Philosophy Discussion

Feng Mei---I like the way you redirected the child to explore different areas in the classroom. We had a very similar case like this one. Our girl’s name begins with E, too. She was 3 years old. She loved art very much. Every afternoon after arrival to school her first choice would be art work. Her drawing had a lot details and very colorful. Her art piece always came with a story. She was full of imagination and very sensitive. We did try to redirect her to different areas but wasn’t very successful. She had strong willing and easy to cry. This year when I saw her in another class, she seemed much calm and more flexible in the class.


Diamira– I truly agree with Montessori’s point of view. My daughter was born in this country; however we spoke Chinese with her most of time. By the age of three, she knew only some common words but no sentences. She got 99 percentages on her standard test in third grade. It was so amazing that she mastered English in that short period.


Grainne—I had a very similar situation as yours. My son was a happy baby. He smiled a lot. He was very organized and self-disciplined. Every time when he came in the house, he put his shoes together and the front side always toward to outside. When it was 8pm, without any reminder, he would climb into his bed to sleep automatically. That was his nature power without anyone to teach him. When he reached to three many times we couldn’t understand him. We need to ask him to repeat. He did several times and got very frustrated. Sometimes we need to ask for my daughter’s help. I regret that I did not read this book “Absorbent Mind” at that time, otherwise, I may be able to give him more help.

No comments: